More than just Invisible

More than just Invisible

Sunday 2 February 2014

1, 2, 3...and back in the room

After almost 3 months of hiding in a cave in a remote forest, I've returned to civilisation, ready to start poking again.
Here's some random thoughts and images about 2013:


Overweight millionaire sets up political party


Clueless academic wrecks political party













     
Two millionaires playing golf.




Later on this week, I'll be posting the next part of the Universe wants to play with you, and hopefully the following week, I'll be posting my take on the crises in the British SWP. I'm also going to be continuing some of the series that I've started in the past.
 
 
In the final few months of 2013 and so far this year, I've been doing a lot of reading. To my mind, the most consistently interesting and worthwhile writer has been Ben Watson of the AMM, who writes like he is channelling the spirit of Marx and many others. Anything of his is worth reading but the two key pieces for me were his article on Peter Sedgwick for the Newhaven Journeyman and the address to the Spring conference. Both of these are representative of how he slices open bourgeois thought and moralism as well as the bogus leftism that is prevalent on what passes for the left. Watson is a genuinely dialectical writer in a way that that someone such as Alex Callinicos could never be.
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment